Sunday, February 10, 2013

What's Inside Carla Valencia's Beauty Bag?

Carla Valencia is the creative editor in chief at 002houston magazine, a publication that keeps Houston updated on the hip, current and cool happenings in the city. This loving wife and mother of a gorgeous toddler always manages to look fresh-faced and fashionable. With a sneak peak inside her make-up bag, I found out her minimalistic approach towards her skin care and her self-proclaimed "lip stuff obsession."


Make-Up Bag by Kate Spade, a gift from Carla's sister Bea. Are you loving the hashtag as much as I am?
1) Is there a certain beauty regimen or skin care line that you swear by?
It changes. But I am currently in my longest beauty relationship with La Prairie. I've never gotten as many compliments on my skin as I do now. My cleanser regimen hasn't changed since I discovered Japanese Yu-Be. I alternate washing my face with Yu-Be Foaming Skin Polish and Derma Topix's 10% Benzoyl Peroxide Wash.
2) What is something you like to indulge in?
Massages with Kim Hamilton!
3) As the mommy of gorgeous toddler Pascual,how has your beauty routine changed?
It hasn't really! I still use all the same things and seem to have the same time I had before, except now it's more fun because usually Pascual is hanging out with me in the bathroom dancing around to Bruno Mars' 'Locked out of Heaven' while I put my face on!
4) Any beauty mishaps while growing up?
Um,yes. You've seen that Letter from the Editor picture of me from 10 years ago when my eyebrows were waxed WAY TOO THIN!
5) If you were stuck on a deserted island and could only bring 3 beauty essentials, what would you pick?
By Terry lip treatment, Yu-Be Foaming skin polish and LaVanilla's Vanilla/Grapefruit deodorant.
6) Is there anything beauty related that you would not try because you think it's too outrageous?
Not if I get an editorial sample! Ha! Ha!
7) Who is your beauty icon and why?
My mom, because I remember watching her get ready when I was little. She's always been so elegant and timeless. We have SUCH different tastes which is odd since I've always wanted to grow up and be just like her!Ha! Ha! We have such different skin; from our coloring, to sensitivity, etc. But she's always perfectly done. Never too much, never too little...I can't say the same for me all the time!
Carla's Beauty Choices
FACE La Prairie Extrait of Skin Caviar Firming Complex leaves my skin with the perfect texture to apply long lasting makeup.
LIPS Lip balms with super natural color - By Terry, Korres and Kiehl's
BROWS Eyelast+eyebrow brush to keep me groomed & Benefit's Instant Brow Pencil + Speed Brow to keep them in place.
COLOR Estee Lauder shimmer powder in a limited edition. I don't know what I'm going to do when it runs out! It's the perfect bronze shimmer to keep me looking sun kissed even when I'm not.
EYES Jouer eye shadow in Cappuccino
Thank you for sharing your beauty blunders and obsessions Carla!
Want to keep up with Carla and 002houston?
Follow their instagrams: @valencarla & @002houston

2 comments:

  1. love carla!!! i need that deodorant..and to save my $$ for some la prarie bc her skin GLOWS!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She does glow! Saving $$ for a great face product is a very smart investment :)

      Delete