Monday, August 12, 2013

Our 1st Wedding Anniversary!

A year ago we got married and we wish we could go back to those beaches in The Riviera Maya or our honeymoon cooking in Crete...Our anniversary was on a Sunday and we were going to work the next day but we still celebrated in Houston and in style. We knew we wanted a couple's massage and a great dinner to celebrate.
My head band was actually a Vera Wang belt. It was so beautiful and intricate I decided to cut it and wear it on my hair the day of our wedding. Doesn't Migue look so handsome in his pink tie!? I planned on matching it with my lip color.
The bacon maple pancake anniversary cake by Petite Sweets (be sure to order 3 days in advance or they won't be able to make it!).
Where Can We get a Couple's Massage in Houston?
The day of our wedding we got the most relaxing aromatherapy couple's massage in Mexico so I decided to scour Houston in search of the classiest, most luxurious but still budget friendly package for us to enjoy. After comparing prices,massage rooms and reviews I picked the ZaSpa at the Zaza Hotel in The Theater District. To my surprise, not many spas are accomodated for a couple's massage.
The Experience
It all starts in the locker rooms with the steam room and the comfy robe. The bathroom is filled with products I've never tried and as a big beauty junkie I smell all the bottles and try a little bit of every thing.
At the ZaSpa we got an amazing Espresso Mud Scrub on our back, legs, arms (my favorite) and feet, while laying side by side in a dimly lit couples massage room. It was amaze-balls! I love coffee and it's supposed to have detoxifying properties for your skin as well as caffeine which gets rid of any puffiness and wakes you up! (Right before we went in they offered us some fruit infused water, super yummy and a great treat before any massage.)
After our scrub, you luckily get to take it off together (and very quickly might I add) inside a steamy hot shower that is inside the massage room.
The scrub was followed with a mimosa lotion massage for 30 minutes. I seriously could have fallen asleep on the massage table.
The Verdict
The hour and a half flew by and we were super sad to leave. We didn't want to get up or get dressed. After our massage, they let us hang out in our robes in an open area, rest on a bed and inhale some peppermint oxygen therapy which I have never done before but was very soothing.
We loved the ZaSpa and we definitely recommend it for any couples, friends, mother/daughters or sisters that want a few hours of relaxation and TLC. We'll definitely be coming back for more.
Our Dinner Date
It was either going to be Oxheart or Underbelly. You have to reserve at least a month in advance in either place to get a seat. We went for Underbelly and savored every bit of it. Pork belly with sweet & savory watermelon pieces and (the sometimes spicy) shishito peppers , my new veggie obsession
I loved telling you about my anniversary celebration and I hope it gave you some ideas for your own! Here's to many more!
(there are actually no photos of the spa in this post because it was extremely dark!)

No comments:

Post a Comment